Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

This last week has been full of exciting Thankgiving adventures. We don't have this holiday in Norway, so it was an experience. I don't know why exactly they celebrate it. Something about pilgrims and Indians and turkey.

As some of you may know, my parents abandoned me for this holiday to sort things out with our new tenants. So I have been fending for myself - mostly by reading the highly addicting Twilight Saga (which I'm almost done with - took me less than a fortnight). Other spare time has been spent on homework and with my darling Bryan. We've watched quite a few million movies, ate tons of beef jerkey, read by the fireplace and played minigolf.

My ball fell in the water

For actual Thanksgiving day I ate at the school Principal's house with my brilliant history teacher Jim and other international students. It only lasted an hour, so after it was over Bryan led the way to his grangparent's house. I basically ate TWO Thankgiving meals. Both places served turkey, stuffing, potatoes, vegetables and gravy. It reminded me of a typical English Sunday dinner. 

Pilgrims
At his grandparent's house

No comments:

Post a Comment